mardi 2 octobre 2007

Formula for a perfume : Taïmyr extract

I was collecting months ago some stickers from the old Brocard perfume industry. One was about the famous perfume Taïmyr. By chance it was also corresponding to the formula of Taïmyr coming from the archive of my family.

A great chance, one century ago to ensure the correspondance in between this sticker and the perfume formula. I modify just the percentage of ingredients in in order to keep some confidentiality. But as reader you can dream about those old fragrances.


Essence of Patchouli, Sophora, Bergamot...
Vanilline... Musk K.
Rose from the great Roure Bertrand Fils perfume industry.
Extract of fleur d'oranger, tubéreuse, jasmin...
Infusion of Musk tonkin, Castoreum...

It would be great to re-invent it.

5 commentaires:

Octavian Coifan a dit…

Is there more than 20% of Sophora? Because if so.... itn seems very similar to Un Air Embaumé. All te products are available, at least I have them, except Sophora from Givaudan which is hard to find, but not impossible.

Dmitri aka Flacon007 a dit…

How kind of you to publish it. Thank you very much.
It's a pity that the proportions are not given. At least I cannot figure them out.
I just have to wonder how Octavian comes to "Is there more than 20% of Sophora?"
I am going to reconstruct some old formulas. In Russia you have always troubles to get to the fragrance materials. But I will manage it.

Octavian Coifan a dit…

Dmitri, I know more or less the formula of Un Air Embaume, where you about 40% of Sophora. So I was just curios to know how similar or not it can be

Bertrand a dit…

Hello Octavian,

In fact, the percentage of Sophora seems to be about 10% not more, alcool excluded to calculate it. ;-)

Best regards,

Octavian Coifan a dit…

well, so it's quite different, more floral sweet woody. :))